Location Jakarta, Indonesia
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – 14th November 2023, 5 PM Jakarta time
The SKALA Program is a significant Australian investment designed to help Indonesia address regional disparities in development. SKALA will contribute to this objective by strengthening selected elements of Indonesia’s large and complex decentralised government system responsible for the delivery of basic services (Layanan Dasar). The SKALA Program’s core approach is to facilitate better collaboration (Kolaborasi) between Indonesian government stakeholders, at national and subnational levels, to help realise synergies (Sinergi) that will trigger improved service delivery. Moreover, SKALA will build on, and take to scale, the successes and learning from Australia’s previous 17 years of support to Indonesia’s decentralised government system. The SKALA Program is to be implemented through the following three pillars:
- Pillar 1: Stronger national level enabling environment for sub-national service delivery
- Pillar 2: Better sub-national governance for service delivery
- Pillar 3: Greater participation, representation and influence for women, people with disabilities and vulnerable groups
About DT Global
DT Global is shaping a future where sustainable development and innovation empower individuals, communities, and nations. We work in partnership with local stakeholders to foster inclusive prosperity, social equity, and environmental stewardship. Our global team of 2,500 staff and experts work in over 90 countries to solve complex problems in the peacebuilding, governance, economic development, environment, and human development sectors. With a track record of technical excellence and more than 60 years of international development experience and relationships, we deliver innovative solutions that transform lives.
For more information, please see www.dt-global.com
Provide Advisory, technical input and capacity building to national and sub-national government stakeholders on mainstreaming gender equality, disabilities, and social inclusion to improve governance process and mechanism in planning and budgeting particularly for basic service delivery.
Click on the link or copy paste it to access the full Terms of Reference for this position:
- Provide technical expert advice in the strategic disability issues in line with the overall GEDSI implementation strategy to support the national and local government in developing and implementing GEDSI planning and budgeting mechanism specially to address the needs of persons with disabilities.
- Provide technical support in improving capacity of local bureaucrats (functional positions) to advocate policy change and innovation related to basic services delivery.
- Provide advisory support on the use of data and evidenced-informed policy development at national and sub-national regions, supported by SKALA.
- Provide technical support in ensuring government data systems supported by SKALA included GEDSI data and analytics and link to programming and services that address needs for women, persons with disabilities and vulnerable groups.
- Liaise and strengthen coordination with institutions and associations concerned with disability such as non-governmental agencies, professional associations, and other professional bodies exchanging information and coordination.
- Provide Technical support to develop reports, program reviews, related studies, and learning documentation on GEDSI cross-cutting issues.
- Recommend norms and procedures concerning the technical aspects of disability and provide recommendations to the programs on how these can be deployed or implemented and provide support to the program teams as required to improve outputs delivery.
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
- Work may require long, and flexible hours as needed. Travel is based on need (other options: travel is not required, or occasional travel).
- Timely planning of activities
- Timely submission of monthly updates and report
- Quality of deliverables
The Disability advisor will report directly to the GEDSI lead, and coordinate the deliverables with all GEDSI team.
- Minimum postgraduate qualifications (Masters or PHD) in relevant discipline.
- Relevant expert level technical and operational experience in the field of expertise.
- Experience in providing advisory services in the area of expertise.
- Minimum 12 years of total working experience in the area of expertise (having experience working in less developed region more preferable).
- Minimum 10 years of experience working with/for GOI ministries on relevant area.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working with DFAT and/or other donor funded projects.
- Has practical and technical understanding of gender equality, disability, and social inclusion, demonstrated by experience implementing activities with gender, disability, and social inclusion considerations in Indonesia.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and writing skills and experience preparing high-level communication products for stakeholders, clients, and officials.
- Strong engagement skills with a wide range of government, non-government, and donor organisations; and a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in a cross-cultural context.
- Women and persons with disability strongly encouraged to apply.
Successful Indonesian nationals will be engaged under a national contract in IDR and will be subject to Indonesian employment regulations and tax obligations.
Why join SKALA
By joining the SKALA, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
HOW TO APPLY
Click the ‘Apply Now’ button.
1) Your CV
2) A cover letter addressing the essential selection criteria (maximum 2 pages)
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – 14th November 2023, 5 PM Jakarta time
Should this role be of interest, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Kindly note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Sinergi dan Kolaborasi untuk Akselerasi Layanan Dasar (SKALA) is an Australia-Indonesia Partnership Program aimed at supporting the Government of Indonesia’s efforts to reduce poverty and inequality by improving basic-service provisions to poor and vulnerable communities in less-developed regions.